To help companies comply with Corporate Governance, Equilibrium designs and implements corporate governance solutions for public and private sector companies, by assessing the extent of client’s compliance with King III Code on Corporate Governance (‘King II’), the New Companies Act and any industry speciﬁc governance requirements.
Our team of specialists has vast experience in this ﬁeld and strives to provide solutions through which boards and directors are able to direct, monitor and supervise the conduct and operation of the company and its management in a manner that ensures appropriate levels of authority, accountability, stewardship, leadership, direction and control.
Equilibrium provides advice with regard to risk assessment and implementing risk-mitigating measures, in relating to,
- Setting up governance structures for various entities including municipal and provincial funds
- Directors’ duties;
- Prescribed ofﬁcers’ duties;
- Governance of tax affairs;
- Information technology governance;
- Anti-corruption requirements;
- Media and telecommunication compliance;
- Reviewing internal documents, systems and processes to ensure compliance;
- Tailor-made presentations, training sessions and compliance familiarisation seminars for board members and prescribed ofﬁcers;
- Providing recommendations for board charters;
- Preparation of committee of reference and
- Assessments of the effectiveness of the board, the individual directors and its committees
We are able to provide sound advice across all levels of organisational control on systems and procedures to ensure sound governance, while fulfilling responsibilities to stakeholders. Our recommendations are tailored to suit your company’s ethos, highlighting any weak spots and filling in any gaps as we go.